Friday, November 21, 2008

Let's Be Thankful

Today I found out about Hometown Burritos burning down and the fire taking the lives of three individuals... one of whom I knew pretty well. And it just reminds me that we never know when our time is going to be up here on earth. You know, it's almost thanksgiving... and I have noticed that it seems like people have forgotten about it and just decided Christmas needed to come early. I noticed Christmas decorations were out the day after Halloween!! What happened to taking a day out of our chaotic lives and to just be thankful? We need to be so thankful for every second we get to spend with our loved ones. Even when you come home from work and find that the dishes are piled high, there are tracks of dirt on rug, and clothes are thrown all over the bedroom, before you scream and yell, you need to stop and be thankful that someone is there to make those messes!! Because in just a split second, that could be gone. And what maybe used to seem like a mess is now something you long for day after day...

Anyway, I just had that thought... and I encourage everyone that reads this to stop right now and thank God for the tiny little things He has given you that you don't normally recognize on a daily basis.

Love and Kisses
~D

0 comments: