Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cooper Black Gray

This is my new kitty, Cooper! He was a stray at Tiffany's house and the other day she called me and begged me to take him because he had a broken leg. I didn't know what to do because I knew there was no way I could afford to get his leg fixed. But, nevertheless, I told her to bring him to my house so I could figure out what to do. I was really hoping that the Humane Society would take him and get him fixed, but when I called them they said, "The only thing you can do is call animal control and they will keep the cat for three days and if no one takes it, they will put it down." At that point, I was in tears. So, despite the fact that I couldn't afford surgery, I took him to the vet anyway. He said that the break was in the worst possible place--right at the joint. I guess you can't just put a splint on it if it's at the joint. Instead he would have to put pins in it. Which, of course, is the most expensive way. He told me it was going to cost $300 to do surgery, otherwise if I couldn't afford it, that the cat would probably be alright to just heal, even though he would probably never walk quite right again. 

I couldn't stand the fact that he was never going to be a normal cat, so I prayed that God would help me find a way to pay for the surgery. I started calling family and friends and telling them the story about Cooper. All I can say is thank God for my family and friends! Altogether we came up with $350! Cooper went in for surgery at 9:00 this morning. I'm nervous about it, but I am so happy that he will be better!

~D


0 comments: